Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sandshine




Franz- my Precious Sandshine

Franz loves the sand... It's one of the reasons why he'd rather be in the resort than to go with us here in the shop. He loves making sand castles, drawing in the sand and playing with sand in any way that he could imagine.

I see the simplicity of his growing-up years being spent enjying doing things related to nature. Living here in the province helped in teaching him how to appreciate nature and the simple things in life.

Instead of seing lots of cars and sniffing pollution, he wakes up to fresh air, with the sounds of the birds and see cows and goats and carabaos on the way to the resort.

One tough decision that I made for Franz is about his education. About his school. At first, I was insistent about enrolling him in a private school in Kalibo, which is 30-minute ride away from here. I want to give him all the best that we can give. All the best things in life. Kim and I even argued about it because he thinks we should save the money first and use the money for Franz's college. But I didn't want to. I want him to study in a private school from the start. I want him to have the edge. I experienced studying in public schools and we're always behind our supposed to be lessons. I wasn't convinced. I was really firm about my decision that even if we have to find another job and break our backs working as hard as we could, we're gonna enroll him to the most expensive school here.

That's until I get to talk to Tita Ning-ning who studied about Child Psychology. She said that pre-school is just about two hours a day and it would be a waste of time and energy and money to go there for just a couple of hours everyday when basically, they will just be thought the basics no matter where he'll be enrolled. Then, the reason that changed my decision: He needs to get to know and be known to the kids his age here in  the place where he will be growing up. He should have the chance to bond with them and make friends with the kids around him, who will be growing up with him.

Now I've decided that we'll be enrolling him here for pre-school, kindergarten, and elementary and to the private school in high school instead. Wink

*Posted on March 30, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment