Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sad Movies

Amf. These last few weeks, I suddenly start to enjoy old Filipino movies. Especially those comedy films. Yeah, the jokes are a bit corny, okay, that's an understatement but I dunno. Suddenly I find them funny. I'm talking about Dolphy, Babalu. Tito Vic and Joey films. I just realize that I miss Babalu. :D

But this afternoon, while having lunch, we saw a teenage flick starring China Ortaleza, Richard Guttierez, Angel Locsin, Railey Something, Oyo Boy Sotto, Cogie Domingo and Danilo Barrios. Sounds like the second (or third?) batch of TGIS, right? I didn't catch the title since it already started when we turn TV on and that's what I hate about cable tv. I hope they can just flash the title of the movie thrice. In the beginning, middle and before it ends.

Well, the thing is, it made me cry. I know almost everything makes me cry but I don't do that that much on Filipino teenage flicks. I only watch them when I like an actor or actress in the cast. In this case, I am not a fan of any of them but each character's issues caught my attention. They aren't just like any ordinary teenage problems like my-parents-are-always-working-and-don't-have-time-for-me-anymore stuff.

Spoiler alert, Danilo Barrios died and he's the nicest (sometimes over-enthusiastic) among them all.

Well, nothing too deep to share. Just take time to remind each and everyone of your family and friends how much they mean to you once in a while if you can't do it everyday. I'm not talking about forwarded text messages but real communication. You know what I mean.

*Posted on June 5, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment